Spartan Diesel Tech Support Forums  

Go Back   Spartan Diesel Tech Support Forums » Spartan Custom Tuning » 6.4 Phalanx Tuning

#1   IP: 70.29.41.0
Old 07-19-2017, 06:26 PM

Default Stop Safely Now

Hi guys I had my 2008 Ford F-350 6.4 spartan tuned truck die on me the other day & costed to a stop! Message board said stop Safely Now!
So I had it towed to a very gd diesel mechanic who is like family & is very gd with these tuned trucks as he has had 1 as well. He scanned it & found 1 of the Exhaust temp sensors was at fault! I'm going to pick it up today but just don't realize how this can be as this truck is tuned. It does have DPF on & sensors in but it's hollow! Because of local Mto cracking down! For 5 yrs the straight pipe was on and no sensors in at all! I don't understand why the truck would die because of this. So I think it's the last 1 had a dead short. Very frustrated about the reliability Now on my truck since I haul & plow with it.

John

1970 GTO Judge
10.60/126mph.
  #2   IP: 184.151.36.90
Old 07-20-2017, 03:50 AM

This forum is pretty much dead in the water unfortunately ....

You only need the main EGT sensor in the up pipe, the rest as you know aren't needed soooo which of the 2 down stream sensors was bad?

I'd unplug each one at a time and see if it'll run/drive.

The other option is to cut the actual sensor wiring, tape it back up and plug it back in so you get around MTO.
08 F250 4x4 Super Crew SB 6.4 Auto 9900 GVW, B&W turn over ball, Firestone air bags with in cab controls and air compressor run through up fitter switch's, AFE down pipe back SS straight pipe, No Limit CAC, CAI and Elbow, Full EGR Delete, Spartan TCM, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, CCV into exhaust 210 TP LL NEGR 55w HID Fog and Headlights
Just my little pull truck!